Building on our resilience,
will we develop and nurture
and the world?
You are invited to join your UUCA congregation in covenanting together about our future.
- In a series of facilitated workshops, we will reflect on our congregation at its best and envision what we can build on our strengths for the future.
- It is important all voices in the congregation are heard. You don’t need any special expertise or connections for your voice to be valuable. No matter how long or in what ways you’ve been connected to UUCA, members and friends are welcome and we really hope you’ll take the time to participate.
- This will be an uplifting, spiritually deepening, fun series of workshops. We will connect with each other and discover what brings us together in community.
- Your Board of Trustees will participate in the workshops as deep listeners. We will synthesize the voices of the congregation into cohesive vision, mission, and ends statements, and share them with the congregation for further discernment.
- We will embark on our journey forward together with our values affirmed, our mission articulated and a clear sense of our shared purpose.
Congregants are encouraged to participate in one workshop for each topic listed below. We hope you will participate in each monthly topic, but missing a specific topic does not preclude participating in the others. There are three sessions for each topic so pick one of the three to attend each month.
January - Experiencing The Holy
The first source of our living faith tradition is the “direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures.” Share your experience, hear other experiences, and discern what values are embedded in those experiences that are core to our congregation.
Sunday, January 17 at 12:15 pm
Thursday, January 21 at 6pm
Sunday, January 24 at 12:15 pm
February - Stories and Wishes
Who are we when we’re at our best? What wishes would you make for our future? Share stories and wishes and deepen your understanding of the resilience at our core.
Sunday, February 14 at 12:15 pm
Thursday, February 18 at 7:00 pm
Sunday, February 21 at 12:15 pm
March - Vision for our Future
What might we build together on our strength and resilience? What wishes could we make come true? Create an image of the way UUCA could change lives in the future.
Sunday, March 14 at 12:15 pm
Thursday, March 18 at 7:00 pm
Sunday, March 21 at 12:15 pm
April - Reflection
The board has taken all your workshop data and discerned and articulated core values, mission, and ends to guide everything we do. Where are you inspired by the direction we’re setting for the future? What could clarify or enhance the articulation? Discuss possibilities to strengthen the articulation.
Sunday, April 11 at 12:15 pm
Thursday, April 15 at 7:00 pm
Sunday, April 18 at 12:15 pm