Project Phoenix Update- November 9th
Project Phoenix Update
Congregational Meeting and PP Update
Please make plans to attend the Congregational Meeting on Sunday, December 16th, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm. While this is UUCA’s annual budget meeting, the Project Phoenix (PP) Steering Team will also present updates for Project Phoenix.
At the meeting, the PP Steering Team will share information about projected costs and timelines for the various options under consideration. Additionally, they will share information on the project budget including the amount spent to date and the balances remaining. Please note that this presentation is informational only. The PP Team wants to get this information to congregants in hopes the congregation will be ready to consider a solution early in the new year.
PP Steering Team Meeting Summary
During the weekly PP Steering Team meeting, the Team reviewed the revised Value Engineering proposal for “Option 3” (major renovations originally budgeted for $5.1 million). The Team continues to work on clarifying issues in an effort to reduce projected costs for this option, while continuing to evaluate all the options detailed below.
- Option 1: Sell the property and begin a new search.
- Option 2: Do a bare-bones only renovation that meets the building code and not much more.
- Option 3: Through value engineering with our architects, construction manager, and engineers, refine and reduce the cost for the current $5+million proposal to renovate and enhance the existing buildings.
- Option 4: Fully develop the site by renovating and enhancing the existing buildings and build a new sanctuary and more office/classroom space.
- Option 5: Demolish the existing buildings and build a new sanctuary, offices, classrooms, etc. that matches the space we need and want.