Project Phoenix Update-January 11
Project Phoenix Update
As we start the new year, there is a great deal of information to share about planned activities and projections of additional information that will be made available.
Activities for the Congregation
The following activities are planned:
Tours of the new facility at 2650 N. Druid Hills Road NE are scheduled for January 20th and February 10th, 1:30 – 3:00 pm. Please join us!
Listening Sessions will be held soon for congregants to express their hopes/concerns about each design option. People will be able to indicate their choice of option(s) after each Listening Session. Stay tuned for dates and details.
A Congregational Presentation by the Architect and Construction Manager is being scheduled.
Information that will be available by the end of the month includes the following:
- A review of the history and the process used by the Project Phoenix Team to make decisions, with a detailed flow chart
- A detailed comparison chart of the different options for UUCA’s new home
- A binder available at UUCA for members to review containing the following:
- Sales Contract for the new facility
- Due Diligence Reports
- Geotechnical Report
- Commercial Property
- Inspection and Property Assessment
- Southface Report
- Tree Health Report
- Design Development plans and specifications
- Itemized preconstruction cost estimate from Choate
Itemized Value Engineering details.
Other PP Actions
The Financial Feasibility Team is being formed.
The Project Phoenix Leadership Team is conducting negotiations to extend our lease beyond October 31, 2019.