Chalice Lighter: Maureen McAndrews
Process Observer: Sean Golan

Board President: Jennifer Thilo
Board president Elect: Sean Golan
Financial Trustee: Jason Delaney
Secretary: Maureen McAndrews
Board Members: Jen Bain, Sha’Ron T. Glass, John Duggar, John Merkel, Allen Lee

Board Expectations for the year:
*Complete: Successful Capital Campaign
*Engage our congregation in renewing our Values, Vision, Mission and Ends
*Powerful Question:
Building on our resilience, what transformations will we develop and nurture within ourselves, our congregation, and the world?
*Take A Stand: “We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association covenant to affirm and promote: journeying toward spiritual wholeness by working to build a diverse multicultural Beloved Community by our actions that accountably dismantle racism and other oppressions in ourselves and our institutions.” https://www.8thprincipleuu.org/background

Thank you messages for the month: Colin Murphy, Leta Woo, Liebs Liebman.

Circle of Connection
One word to describe how you are tonight:
discombobulated, contented, done, not done, content, over it, hilarious, heightened, less than manic

Announcements

Visioning Workshops:
Experiencing the Holy-COMPLETE
Stories and Wishes: COMPLETE
Vision for our Future: COMPLETE

Board Mini-Retreat: March 27
Training with Laura Park was changed to Zoom meetings Friday, 3/26 7-9p and Saturday, 3/27 9-4:00. Facilitator training is scheduled for Sunday, 3/28 3:30-5:30.
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87536701957?pwd=bkpGeUlvemRwQjRGdTIySDUxUjBXUT09
Vision, Mission, Ends: Reflection:
After discussion, it was decided that we will have the training Sunday, 3/28, 3:30-5:30.
Sunday April 11, 2021, 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Thursday, April 15, 2021, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, April 18, 2021, 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Affirmation and Celebration at our Congregational Meeting Sunday, May 16, 2021, 1:30 p.m.
*Board Meetings: Every month on the Fourth Tuesday:
April 27, 2021 06:00 PM

Congregational Meetings
The December 13, 2020 minutes have been posted in Slack. The Board will review by 3/28 and then Bryce will post on the UUCA website 4/1. Sean will complete transcribing the May 2020 minutes and post those to Slack.
Project Phoenix:
Town Hall: May 2
Town Hall: May 9
Congregational Meeting, Sunday, May 16, 2021

Executive Report – Rev. Taryn Strauss
Posted in Google Docs.

The Work of the Board- Maureen McAndrews
Decisive Action
Jennifer motioned to approve February minutes as posted in Slack. Approved.

Report from Finance Trustee – Jason Delaney
So far (with 2 months reported), we are about $36,000 ahead of what was budgeted. If this trend continues through July we will erase the budget shortfall that was projected.

Capital Campaign Committee – Maureen McAndrews
Nothing to report at this time.

Project Phoenix Committee – DeAnn Peterson
The land development permit was submitted to Dekalb County 2 weeks ago; Michele Battle’s expeditor is working on getting this pushed through. The construction application has been submitted and a Choate expeditor is working on getting that pushed through.
A comparison has been made between estimated detailed pricing from Choate from last year and the current draft estimate. DeAnn has tried to organize the data in a way that should make more sense to us. Everyone has questions – architects, Choate, etc. PP will be meeting with Choate Thursday to go into deep detail of the figures. DeAnn hopes to have a more solid estimate for us after that meeting.
Financing was discussed; we have $3,963,000 on hand and if all pledged money comes in we will have $6,128,000. We can borrow up to $4,000,000 once we have spent all money on hand.
Anyone who would like to can join the 3/25 meeting at 1:00.

Healthy Relations Committee – John Merkel
The HRC is planning some workshops over the summer.

ARAOMC Committee – Allen Lee
No report at this time.

ByLaw Committee – Sean Golan
No report at this time.

Nominating Committee – Jen Bain
We have a full slate: Stewardship co-chairs – David Hannah and Janel Dennard; NC Anna Apostolou, Tina Welch, Arthur Murphy, Jerry Hajdusiewicz; Liebs Liebman, David Sjoquist.

Closing
Process Observation- Sean Golan
Overall it was a tough meeting in terms of all the estimate we got regarding Project Phoenix; we had difficulty working out the time for our visioning meetings 3/26-3/28.
ARAOMC was referenced by Taryn during her report. The high point was the possibility of leasing space at 2650 for a cell phone tower and the rental income that may be realized from that. No low point was noted.

Closing Words – Jason Delaney

X