YOU are the POWER of our community!
Our transformational work is only possible thanks to gifts from members and friends like you. We are deeply grateful for your contribution.
Make a Recurring Payment via Credit Card or Checking Account
Help us continue our transformational work by setting up a recurring gift with either your credit card or checking account. You can set up multiple payment plans and manage your own account easily. This is our preferred payment method.
Mail your contribution to our current address
If you prefer to mail your gift, please send your check to:
2650 N Druid Hills Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
In the memo line, please note if you are making a general donation, a payment toward your annual pledge or a payment toward your capital campaign pledge.
Guide for Making a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) to UUCA
Who Can Make a QCD?
If you are 70 1/2 years old or older, you can donate up to $100,000 per year directly from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA) to a qualified charitable organization like UUCA without it being considered taxable income.
Steps for Making a QCD to UUCA
- Consult Your Financial Advisor: Before proceeding, consult your financial advisor to confirm that a QCD is appropriate for your financial situation.
- Contact Your IRA Custodian: Reach out to the financial institution that manages your IRA and inform them that you want to make a QCD. They will provide you with the necessary forms.
- Provide Required Information: Fill out the forms with the following information:
- Official Name of Organization: The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta, Inc.
- Address for Check: 2650 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329
- To Whose Attention: Gary Youngblood
- Memo Field: Specify the fund you wish to contribute to. Your choices are:
- Last Year’s Pledge Balance (You may specify the specific year if you prefer)
- Current Year Pledge (You may specify the specific year if you prefer)
- Next Year’s Pledge (You may specify the specific year if you prefer)
- Capital Campaign
- Endowment Fund
- Carbon Offset
- Growth Initiative Fund
- Minister’s Benevolence Fund
- Submit and Confirm: Submit the forms to your IRA custodian for processing. The custodian will send the check directly to UUCA.
- Confirmation of Receipt: Once the check has been mailed, you may wish to confirm its receipt. Please contact Gary Youngblood, our book keeper, at email@example.com for this confirmation.
- Tax Records: You can login to your realm account to download a receipt for your tax records. We also email charitable tax statements by mid-February for the prior tax year.
- Timing: It is advised to initiate your QCD well in advance of the year’s end to ensure it counts for that tax year.
- Minimum Age: You must be at least 70 1/2 years old at the time of the donation for it to qualify as a QCD.
- Tax-Free: A QCD is not included in your taxable income, unlike regular withdrawals from an IRA.
Transfer Stocks or Securities from Brokerage or Retirement Accounts
Donating securities for your capital campaign or annual financial commitment can have tax and other advantages. Only you and your financial advisor can determine when this is appropriate for you.
If you would like to donate individual stock securities or electronically traded funds (ETF), use the link below for instructions.
If your gift is mutual funds specifically:
Direct your broker to contact our custodian, Charles Schwab, at 602.355.9003. Please be sure your broker confirms the BIN number for mutual fund transfers with Charles Schwab prior to delivery. All deliveries must reference UUCA and account number 4093-1634. For mutual fund transfers, it is advised that you (the donor) write a short letter to initiate the gift transfer. This letter should include your account information and signed by you.