Last Updated: Friday, March 27
The tide is rising, So are we!
You are loved. You matter. We will get through this together! Please stay home if you are able. If you are a part of our community of essential workers, know that we are in solidarity with you and pray for your health and safety. This moment lays bare the brokenness in world. What we need now is community, love, and practical support for the most vulnerable members of our communities. The UUCA community is taking actions to combat the spread of this virus and the devastating impact on our communities. How can you help? Check out the growing opportunities to get involved!
What you can do!
- Call your neighbors, friends, and family to check up on them and offer spiritual and emotional support. Especially those who are most at-risk and most isolated.
- Mask Match: Donate your N95 masks to healthcare workers who need them now
- Donate board games, books, bagged lunches, hand sanitizers, wipes and gloves to Clifton Sanctuary.
- Clyde’s Kitchen:
- Make sandwiches and/or full sack lunches (including any combination of chips, granola bars, fruit, bottled water, etc.) and bring them by Clyde’s Kitchen any weekday between 7:30 am -11:00 am.
- Donate sack lunch items – bread, sandwich meat, cheese, paper lunch bags, Ziploc bags, chips, granola or protein bars, fruit, bottled water. These can also be delivered on the same schedule as above.
- Make a donation here and designate “Lunches” in the memo box. A donation of $2 will provide one sack lunch.
- Nicholas House is in need of donations and lunch sacks. You can contribute via their amazon wish list
- Give to UUCA to keep our ministry strong in this time of crisis!
- Help a Refugee: Donate to International Rescue Committee’s Crisis Prevention Fund
Crowd-Sourced List of Aid Resources
Please be mindful that all of these resources were compiled by a network of passionate volunteers. Use discretion as you deem whether or not each resource listed is right for you.
General Economic Relief
- Nicholas House (Grant Park)
- Clifton Sanctuaries Ministry (Druid Hills)
- Gateway Center (Downtown)
- Action Ministries – Housing
- Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020, all Atlanta Public School students can daily receive free bagged meals at 5 school sites that will be open for food distribution Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Douglass High School
- Cleveland Ave Elementary School
- Bunche Middle School
- Sylvan Middle School
- Phoenix Academy
- Clyde’s Kitchen (Midtown)
- Toco Hills Community Alliance
- Deam Decatur
- Food 4 Life – Free Grocery Delivery for Those Affected by COVID19
- Action Ministries – Hunger Relief
- Atlanta Community Food Bank
Domestic Violence/Intimate Partner Abuse
- Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Safe Families Office COVID19 Services
- Technology Safety Plan for Survivors & Advocates
- Internet Browser Privacy Tips
- Technology & Your Safety- A Resource for Survivors of Abuse
- Crisis Text Line
- The Trevor Project – LGBTQ Crisis Lifeline, Chat, & Text
- Trans Lifeline – Transgender Peer Support Hotline
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – COVID19 Information & Resources
- Atlanta Online/Phone Counseling Therapists
- The Body Is Not An Apology – Radical Self-Love for Everybody and Every Body
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Mindfulness for Kids via GoNoodle
- Calm – Mindfulness During COVID-19Apps
- Calm Harm – For those who struggle with self harm
- Virtual HopeBox
- Free Premium Version of HeadSpace App for All Healthcare Workers
- Free Virtual Yoga
You are the light that your community needs. Join our movement of neighbors helping neighbors. Whether you’re creating at a local group that to checks in on one another, or an action group that supports our front-line works with face masks, our light is an inspirtation. To get involved in our Neighborhood Circles program, fill out this form.