Serve The Congregation
There’s always a place to serve and support your spiritual home at UUCA.
In addition to our treasure, an important part of investing in our congregation’s future is giving of our time and talent.
- Greeting Teams Provide a friendly welcome Sunday mornings and serve as ushers during worship. This 2-3 hour commitment is a great way to get to know new people in the congregation. Contact Dick Patterson at email@example.com.
- Connectors Are friendly ambassadors in the social hall ready to answer questions about our congregation and engage new folks in our beloved community. 2-3 hour per month commitment. Contact: Connectors@uuca.org.
- Coffee Team Provides fair trade coffee, by the cup and by the pound, each Sunday morning. Volunteers serve one Sunday a month. Contact: Sue Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wonderful Wednesday Volunteers are always needed to help set up, serve food, and clean up. 3 hour commitment, various Wednesday evenings available. Contact Jerolyn Lowry at email@example.com.
- Bookstore Volunteer Assist bookstore leader with set up and organization of bookstore and handle sales. 2-3 hours per month. Contact Cate Duggar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Office Volunteer Work once a week to answer phones and assist staff in administrative tasks. Computer proficiency needed. 4 hours per week. Contact Travis Vaughn at Travis.Vaughn@uuca.org.
- Women Empowered: “WE” is a group by and for UUCA women, 16 yrs to 116, with a multi-focus that includes social action, service to others, learning, tolerance, spiritual growth, fun and fellowship. We meet monthly on Saturday mornings and Members, Friends, and Visitors are welcome. For more information, email Jackie.Spierman@uuca.org.
Serve as a Leader
There are ample opportunities to develop your leadership skills here at UUCA. Flex your leadership muscles by either serving as the leader of a team or committee or starting a new group of your own!
You may also be interested in serving as a member of the Board of Trustees. According to current and former members, serving on UUCA’s Board is a meaningful way to invest in something important, make a key contribution to the Congregation, and put their ideals into practice building Beloved Community. They appreciated Board service as a way to meet new people and build lasting relationships with other Board members and staff. Board members gain a new appreciation of all it takes to make the Congregation successful because they see all that our staff and leadership contribute.
We welcome you to suggest yourself or someone else by contacting the Nominating Committee at email@example.com – they are always happy to hear about interested, qualified individuals!