Visiting With Kids
Visiting with Kids? We’re Delighted!
On your first visit, you may choose to worship together as a family or children and youth are welcome to attend religious exploration classes. All ages are welcome in our Sanctuary. Drop-in nursery care is available for little ones ages 6 months (and sitting up) to 3 years during both services. Be sure to visit our Family Welcome Center in the front lobby to pick up a Religious Exploration prospectus, filled with information about our Ministry with Children and Youth.
Classes for 12th grade and younger are held during Middle Hour at 10:10 am; CONNECTIONS! for ages 3-9 is a lightly structured time with opportunities for connection through various types of play including movement, contemplation, and creation during both the 9:00 am service and the 11:20 service. Some parents/caregivers would like their children to experience Religious Exploration sessions on their first visit. And of course, you are welcome to sit in on the session with your child.
Here are some helpful tips for bringing your child/ren on your first Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Atlanta:
- As soon as you arrive, please meet up with helpful staff and volunteers at the Welcome Table in the front lobby. They will direct you to the right place for you and your children.
- Plan on staying in the classroom with your child during the entire Religious Exploration session. High School youth may attend on their own, provided a parent/caregiver meets them at the classroom door at the end of the session.
- Please know that we have a Safe Congregations policy in place, which means that you are responsible for your children/youth before and after their class sessions.
- If, after your visit, you feel that UUCA may be your family’s religious home, please join us for an upcoming session of the Inquirers Series, Sundays at 10:10 in Room 202. Talk to any member of the UUCA staff about joining in!
- Once you decide that UUCA is your family’s religious home, please take a moment to register your child/ren in the Religious Exploration program. This will help us ensure that you are kept up to date about important events happening in the program.
Keeping Your Infant or Toddler in the Worship Service
If you attend worship with your infant or toddler and they become fussy, you are welcome to sit in the “quiet room” at the top of the Sanctuary, or the Family Room across from the Nursery. Please do not feel required to sit there, but we know that sometimes having a smaller space can help to quiet the fussy ones (children & adults alike). Changing areas are located in the restrooms at the end of the Social Hall.