Pride Parade Logistics
Here’s everything you need to know!
When does the Pride Parade take place? Sunday Oct. 11, 2015
Where does the parade begin and end? We start at the Civic Center MARTA Station (near West Peachtree and Pine in Downtown Atlanta) and end at Piedmont Park (near 10th and Piedmont).
When should I plan to be there? The parade kicks off at 1:00 – please arrive between noon & 12:45.
How do I get there? Ride MARTA! Here are some details for those not familiar with MARTA:
- There is no parking downtown where we gather for the parade and it can be very confusing driving downtown to drop off people. MARTA is really the only way to get to the spot where we gather.
- The best approach is to park at Lindbergh Station (2424 Piedmont Road N.E., Atlanta 30324).
- On Sunday mornings, MARTA trains leave from the Lindbergh Station to go to the Civic Center Station about every 10 minutes. [They run less frequently from other northern stations such as Medical Center, Chamblee, Doraville, Brookhaven.]
- The trip from Lindbergh to Civic Center takes about 10 minutes.
- Cost for round-trip ticket is $5.00 +$1.00 if you don’t already have a Breeze Card. (Take small bills or use credit card to purchase because change is given in coins.)
- Parking at Lindbergh Station is free BUT in order to have free parking you MUST bring your parking ticket into the station with you and get it validated when you leave the station.
How will I find the UUs once I get to Civic Center? Many of us will be wearing UU Standing on the Side of Love t-shirts which are bright gold colored and very visible. We’ll have someone near the train center exit pointing the way & it will be easy to find us. Closer to the date we’ll know the section of the parade to which we are assigned (see map below).
What if I can’t walk in a parade? As in past years, we will have a trailer that is available for adults and children who cannot walk the parade route.
What do I need to bring with me? Dress for the weather. Bring water and a snack. Wear shoes that are comfortable for a 2 ½ mile walk. Bring signs if you have them. We have a bunch of signs and a couple banners. Wear your Standing on the Side of Love t-shirt!
Restrooms? Portable toilets are available in the gathering area outside the Civic Center Station.
How will I get back to the Lindbergh Station after the parade? The parade ends at Piedmont Park. You may want to go into the park and explore the Pride Festival booths (including the UU Congregations of North Georgia booth) and have some festival food. When you’re ready to go home, walk about 6 blocks back to the Midtown MARTA station (10th and Peachtree) and ride two stops north to Lindbergh station.
This is the map of the gathering area at Civic Center. QUESTIONS? Email Joetta – firstname.lastname@example.org