Serve The Congregation
There’s always a place to serve and support your spiritual home at UUCA.
In addition to our treasure, an important part of investing in our congregation’s future is giving of our time and talent.
- Greeting Teams Provide a friendly welcome Sunday mornings and serve as ushers during worship. This 2-3 hour commitment is a great way to get to know new people in the congregation. Contact Jessica Seales at Jessica.Seales@uuca.org.
- Connectors Are friendly ambassadors in the social hall ready to answer questions about our congregation and engage new folks in our beloved community. 2-3 hour per month commitment. Contact: Connectors@uuca.org.
- Building and Grounds Volunteers assist with keeping our property beautiful, welcoming, and functional. 3 hour commitment per month. Contact Howard Katzman at email@example.com.
- Coffee Team Provides fair trade coffee, by the cup and by the pound, each Sunday morning. Volunteers serve one Sunday a month. Contact: Jude McDivitt at JMcDivitt@cdc.gov or 404-315-7563.
- Bakery Table Provides breads and baked goods for purchase by suggested donation each Sunday morning. Volunteers commit 2-3 hours per month. Contact: Jeff Nickerson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-723-0646
- Butterfly Garden Adjacent to the Memorial Garden on the northeast side of the building. To volunteer, contact Jane MacGregor at email@example.com or 404-633-5304.
- Fern Creek Habitat Volunteers work monthly to restore the natural Fern Creek habitat and beautify the area along the I-85 Access Road above the creek. Contact: Shirley Kendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Covenant Group Facilitator Organize and assist groups of 6-10 people who get together once a month to explore their spirituality and give service to community. Commitment includes initial training, monthly group meetings, correspondence in between meetings, occasional leader support meetings, plus a group community service event. All materials and training are provided. Contact email@example.com.
- Wonderful Wednesday Volunteers are always needed to help set up, serve food, and clean up. 3 hour commitment, various Wednesday evenings available. Contact Leslie Freymann at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bookstore Volunteer Assist bookstore leader with set up and organization of bookstore and handle sales. 2-3 hours per month. Contact Cate Duggar at email@example.com.
- Office Volunteer Work once a week to answer phones and assist staff in administrative tasks. Computer proficiency needed. 4 hours per week. Contact Travis Vaughn at Travis.Vaughn@uuca.org.
Serve as a Leader
There are ample opportunities to develop your leadership skills here at UUCA. Flex your leadership muscles by either serving as the leader of a team or committee or starting a new group of your own! To express interest, contact Jessica Seales at Jessica.Seales@uuca.org.
You may also be interested in serving as a member of the Board of Trustees. According to current and former members, serving on UUCA’s Board is a meaningful way to invest in something important, make a key contribution to the Congregation, and put their ideals into practice building Beloved Community. They appreciated Board service as a way to meet new people and build lasting relationships with other Board members and staff. Board members gain a new appreciation of all it takes to make the Congregation successful because they see all that our staff and leadership contribute.
We welcome you to suggest yourself or someone else by contacting the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org – they are always happy to hear about interested, qualified individuals!