You are invited to participate UUCA’s ADULT Religious Exploration Program
Adult Religious Exploration (ARE) nurtures the lifelong development of the whole person—body, mind, heart, and spirit—through broad and flexible opportunities for study, exploration, reflection, and spiritual practice. ARE also nurtures the development of a whole community through courses on our faith and faith movement, relationships, our congregation and our wider world.
UUCA’s ARE program of lifelong learning and growth offers a way for congregants, young and old, new and experienced, to learn about Unitarian Universalism, its heritage and values. Just as we nurture our children and youth through our religious exploration program, so too does our Adult Religious Exploration program offer opportunities for us to deepen our understanding of our common faith, our individual faith journeys, and ourselves.
“What lies behind you and what lies before you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
We purposely choose to use the word religious exploration rather than education because we are a faith community of seekers committed to our own exploration, guided by our principles, without the need for adherence to common dogma. We often say that we do not have to think alike to love alike or to worship together. Our goal is to provide you with courses and resources to:
- Learn more about and identify with Unitarian Universalism
- Foster your faith development, individual spiritual journeys, and self-development
- Enhance your connection with UUCA and its community
We invite you to take advantage of these resources—to help you take stock of where you are on your spiritual path or faith journey, or to enhance your personal growth.
“As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thought we wish to dominate our lives.” Henry David Thoreau
- Know what you don’t believe but never gave much thought to what you do believe?
- Have an unexplained longing that brought you here and want to explore it further?
- Want to know more about your chosen Unitarian Universalist identity?
- Want to connect with some fellow seekers?
- Want to become more involved in this community?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you may find support in our ARE program.